The INTLNET application

Milton Mueller mueller at SYR.EDU
Sat Nov 11 17:54:09 CET 2006

Thanks, Danny for your work. I think you raise valid questions about whether this is an organization or an individual. Under the current, somewhat arbitrary ICANN Structure, it seems to me that Jefsey Morfin's participation would be more appropriately through the ALAC. Ultimately, it is up to the Executive Committee not me, under the charter I simply issue recommendations and the EC votes. My recommendation is that this application be rejected and that Mr. Morfin be encouraged to participate via ALAC.

Just to be fair, I want to say that your assessment here goes too far: "My assessment is that we are looking at what one might call "smoke and mirrors", a type of deception, at an "organization" akin to Jeff Williams' INEG that exists only in the mind of its creator without any other participants as members." Jeff Williams is a phantom who never physically appears, frequently changes his identity to avoid detection and responsibility. Morfin is a real person, with real technical knowledge and background in internet and technology. He appears to organize as an individual business person and I see no attempt to invent or deceive here, just an inappropriate match between our eligibilty criteria and his status.

>>> Danny Younger <dannyyounger at yahoo.com> 11/10/2006 11:03:16 PM >>>
Attached as a Word document is due diligence
pertaining to the membership application from INTLNET.

I am recommending that the constituency reject this
application.