GNSO Review - Non-Commercial Users Constituency

Robert Guerra rguerra at LISTS.PRIVATERRA.ORG
Thu Mar 2 18:53:08 CET 2006

Milton Mueller wrote:
> FYI, a quick response.

> Thank you very much for this. I completely understand. Apologies for not giving you as much information as I should have. We really appreciate your taking the survey.
>
> To see our privacy statement, please go to the Review website: http://www.icann-gnsoreview.org/privacy.asp. However, if you would like further details on this, please don't hesitate to get back to me.

I'll defer to EPIC and others who are more experts on this then I am,
but I think their "statement" isn't really a policy. There are specific
issues that need to be detailed, which aren't the simplistic statement.

The question is how keenly does this group wish to make the privacy
point vs. going forward with the review process. That's something that
this group must first discuss, and then decide on an appropriate course
of action.

regards

Robert

Refs:

http://www.cdt.org/privacy/eudirective/
http://www.privacyexchange.org/tbdi/EU_PDR.html

FTC - THE EUROPEAN UNION DIRECTIVE ON THE PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
http://www.ftc.gov/reports/privacy/APPENDIXb.htm

http://www.icann-gnsoreview.org/privacy.asp

[snipped]

 Our privacy statement
This website is designed to provide an opportunity for Internet users
and service providers worldwide to give us their views on the work of
the GNSO and its policy development activities for top level domains.
All data submitted through this website will be processed and stored
securely, and used only for the purposes of this independent study. All
data will be handled with integrity. In our final independent report to
the ICANN Board data will not be used in such a way that comments can be
attributed to named organisations without the direct permission of
organisations concerned.