Amendment to Proposed motion on WHOIS

Milton Mueller mueller at SYR.EDU
Thu Jun 29 13:50:07 CEST 2006

In line with my comments in the public forum yesterday, I propose the
following modification to Bruce's resolution. I hope that Mawaki can
introduce these changes today on the Council list and/or the meeting
this afternoon.

Original Part 3 of the resolution:

--- Bruce Tonkin <Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au> wrote:
> Three: the Council will undertake a dialogue with the GAC and
> SSAC on developing a broadly understandable definition of the
> purposes for which the current data required in the RRA is
collected.

Change to this:

Three: the Council with undertake a dialogue with governments, via the
GAC, and SSAC on developing a broadly understandable definition of the
purposes for which the current data required in the RRA is collected.
The dialogue with governments must take into account the views of law
enforcement agencies, data protection authorities, and the policies and
rules of ccTLDs, and take note of differences in national law and
policies.