vote delay?

Milton Mueller mueller at SYR.EDU
Tue Jun 20 12:12:57 CEST 2006

Adam:

>>> Adam Peake <ajp at GLOCOM.AC.JP> 6/20/2006 3:51 AM >>>
>I really don't see the point in asking.  Other constituencies will
>likely see it as wasting time (and ask why we didn't ask our
>questions during the period for asking questions...).

This is not a relevant factor at all, Adam. Other constituencies know
perfectly well why we are playing for time. It is to maximize our
strategic choices. It enhances our bargaining power. And if they
complain about that, we just laugh at them. Because they do the same
thing all the time.

>It will prevent
>someone from taking up their seat for the Marrakech meeting which
>would put them at a disadvantage for months.

This is a more serious argument.

If our council reps have any doubts about who to vote for then make a
decision based on candidate's past positions, have they been for and
against NCUC positions in the past:
Phil Sheppard has a long and distinguished record of service to the
GNSO: has he been consistently pro or anti positions of this
constituency?
Rita Rodin's record is perhaps less well known, but I believe some
NCUC members have worked with her on a few committees, no?  And her
answers to the questions both written on the MP3 transcript, in
balance where is she in terms of pro/anti NCUC positions?

I don't follow the GNSO closely enough to be sure, but I favor Rita.

Adam