Fwd: [council] Proposed motion on WHOIS

Milton Mueller mueller at SYR.EDU
Thu Jun 29 14:09:14 CEST 2006

It's not quite that bad, Horacio. The resolution authorizes the Whois TF
to continue with its work -- which can only be based on the current
formulation of whois purpose -- and diverts GAC et al into discussion of
"the purposes for which the current data required in the RRA is
collected."

Rick W. Weingarten wrote:
> I confess I have serious trouble understanding ICANN processes! :-)
Is
> this good, bad, or did they duck the whole thing?

They just want to modify something which had already been agreed
upon so that they can put back what they wanted in the first
place but were not able to get.

--
Bombim Cadiz