vote delay?

KathrynKL at AOL.COM KathrynKL at AOL.COM
Sun Jun 18 15:58:06 CEST 2006

Great!  Might I mention a positive angle.  Feel free to edit --  here is a
draft -- it is to Bruce Tonkin, Chair of the GNSO Council.  If  you like it,
could our 3 NCUC Reps and Carlos agree to sign on?

Dear Bruce, the NCUC appreciates your leadership and looks forward to the
next round of elections.  However, at this time, it is impossible for us to
hold the Constituency dialogue necessary for casting our ballots in the next
round.  Some members are already in transit; others are wrapping up to  leave.
We note that we are expecting a good turnout in Marrakech from our  members!

 We would like to ask you and the GNSO Council to delay the vote until  some
time after the Monday Constituency meetings in Marrakech. This will give  our
Constituency, and others, a F2F opportunity to talk about the candidates
further -- and avoid a rush to ballot with so many unavailable at this time.

We trust you will find this request for a short extension of the next round
of voting reasonable.

Thank you,
[COULD ALL 3 NCUC COUNCIL REPS and CARLOS AGREE TO SIGN THIS LETTER?]

Good  question... Worth trying?

--c.a.