Fwd: [council] Motions passed by the GNSO Council on 20 July 2006

Mawaki Chango ki_chango at YAHOO.COM
Mon Jul 24 19:13:55 CEST 2006

--- Milton Mueller <Mueller at SYR.EDU> wrote:

> Mawaki:
> I thought the motions sounded good. The second, new motion in
> particular seemed very balanced. Do you agree?

I had followed the exchanges (questions & reservations) members of
our constituency had with the council chair and on this list, and
came to the conclusion that the final versions of the two motions
were fair enough - including toward my objection of principle to the
request pertaining to the main motivation of the initial single
motion (note the change from "_Each_ Council member that voted in
favour of the definition _will_ provide a brief explanation..." to
"_Any_ Council member who voted in favour of the definition _may_
provide..." (I highlight).)

So yes, I agree; I voted for the two motions, and to my knowledge,
there was neither any one vote against, nor an abstention on the
call.

Mawaki