deadline for sign-up: NTIA Public Hearing on ICANN 7/26

KathrynKL at AOL.COM KathrynKL at AOL.COM
Wed Jul 19 19:21:01 CEST 2006

On Wednesday, NTIA will hold a public hearing on the renewal of the
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in Washington DC, on Wednesday, July 26th (time to be
announced).  (Full public notice at:
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/frnotices/2006/NOI_DNS_Transition_0506.htm).

Today is the deadline for signing for this hearing (since it is being held in
a federal government building which has special security).  If you want to
attend, I am told you should send an email to: thawkins at ntia.doc.gov with your
name and the organization you are representing.  Also, **on the day of the
hearing, you must bring a picture ID with you to gain admission to the building.**

Additional information seems to be required if you are not a US Citizen, but
the person I was talking with at NTIA did not have all the details.  It seems
to vary country by country, but you must have at least a passport.  I am told
that someone at NTIA 202/482- 1866 will be able to answer questions about what
information you need to provide ahead of time and what to bring to the
hearing.

Please let me know if you are coming, and perhaps we can sit together or meet
afterwards.

Regards,
Kathy

>From the May 23rd Public Notice (Note: Hawkins is out of the office this
week.)
"Public Meeting:  NTIA announces a public meeting to be held on July 26,
2006, to discuss issues associated with this transition.  The agenda for the
meeting will be posted on NTIA’s website, www.ntia.doc.gov, one week prior to the
meeting.

The meeting will be open to the public and press on a first-come,
first-served basis.  Space is limited.  Due to security requirements and to facilitate
entry to the Department of Commerce building, anyone wishing to attend must
contact Tanika Hawkins at (202) 482–1866 or thawkins at ntia.doc.gov at least five
(5) days prior to the meeting in order to provide the necessary clearance
information.  When arriving for the meeting, attendees must present photo or
passport identification and/or a U.S. Government building pass, if applicable, and
should arrive at least one-half hour prior to the start time of the meeting.
The public meeting is physically accessible to people with disabilities.
Individuals requiring special services, such as sign language interpretation or
other ancillary aids are asked to indicate this to Ms. Hawkins."