[council] Proposed WHOIS motion for 20 July 2006

Robert Guerra rguerra at LISTS.PRIVATERRA.ORG
Mon Jul 17 16:24:45 CEST 2006

Iliya:

I know for a fact that numerous letters where sent from Data
Protection Authorities (DPA) to ICANN. If they were sent directly to
GAC, the Board, or GNSO - that i don' t know. I do know they were
sent and received.

I would recommend that NCUC formally ask about the status of the DPA
letters and if they could be made public. Otherwise, it would appear
that the Intellectually property lobby is the only group who has
submitted inputs - however that is clearly not the case.

If ICANN and/or the GNSO is unwilling to help - then, the next step
would be to make the fact known to the DPA's.

regards

Robert