Treasurer's note on Marrakech meeting

Milton Mueller Mueller at SYR.EDU
Mon Jul 3 18:21:14 CEST 2006

As authorized by the NCUC Executive committee, I paid out of our account
the following to support travel to the Marrakech meeting:

$2200 to Mawaki Chango to cover air and hotel
$1500 to Kathy Kleiman to cover airfare
$ 390 to Milton Mueller to cover hotel
$ 145 to Norbert Klein to cover bus expenses in getting to airports

The last item needs to be internationally wired to Klein's account. To
do that, I have to transfer NCUC money to my own personal account and
then do an international transfer. This is because our (free) NCUC bank
account is not at an international bank. The final amount is not clear,
I will see what nasty fees the banks charge us, but I sent 110 Euros to
Norbert's account even though he only asked for 100 because we need to
cover his bank charges, and I will also get hit with bank charges (US$15
or so) which will need to be covered.

Now the good news....

PIR at Marrakech gave us the $14,000 installment for the last year of
their agreed contribution. Thanks to Ed Viltz in particular for this.

Also, Afilias has pledged to give the constituency $15,000 and has
specified that some amount of that should be dedicated to suppot Kathy
Kleiman's Whois work. For those of you who are not fully aware of it,
Kathy's mobilization of privacy advocates and data protection
authorities played a big role in fending off the US/GAC onslaught.

Additionally, the constituency chairs and former chairs met
informally.Efforts are underway to get the GNSO to support travel for
Councillors to ICANN meetings. That would really ease the load on our
financial resources.