Urgent message re: GNSO Council action on new gTLDs

KathrynKL at AOL.COM KathrynKL at AOL.COM
Thu Jan 26 21:43:50 CET 2006

Carlos:
Doesn't your proposal reward the BC/IPR by giving them exactly what they
really want -- no new domain names for a long time, if ever?

Kathy

Sorry to  be "systematic" (in some regions of Brazil, it means "crazy"),
but I take  advantage of yet another clever manipulation of the issue by
the BC/IPR  community to insist on NCUC discussing (and hopefully
approving for  submission to ICANN) my proposal of a temporary freeze on
any gTLD move  (new/deleg/redeleg) until an independent, qualified
pluralist working  group (far away from Washington) prepares a detailed
report with  recommendations.