NCUC Statement on new gTLDs

Mawaki Chango ki_chango at YAHOO.COM
Wed Feb 1 06:47:48 CET 2006

Dear Carlos,

I regret this debate (including your previous posting), and I suspect
things would have been better if the reactions to this call came
earlier enough to leave room for fine tuning last minute negotiations
and for a more consensual conclusion. Our responsibility to all of us
is involved here one way or the other, but while I'll still carry out
mine as GNSO Councillor, I feel I'd better not volunteer the next
time for this type of situation within NCUC and leave the
responsibility to mobilize the constituency where it belongs.

I am aware that people don't necessarily agree when they don't
express themeselves while they are invited to, but I tend to think
that they take the responsibility to be counted as endorsing what is
being said or done on their behalf - and they accept such
responsibility.

I just went through the GNSO constituency questionaire, and realized
that this is not the first time I'm looking at them; my silence so
far means: I can't think of anything else to add to it. If someone
does, that's great; let us see the final/latest result. Otherwise, I
accept the responsibility to be associated to the questionnaire as it
is.

Best regards,

Mawaki