a few words on Sao Paulo mtg

Milton Mueller mueller at SYR.EDU
Wed Dec 13 16:13:26 CET 2006

I agree with most of Danny's comments but on this issue:

>>> Danny Younger <dannyyounger at YAHOO.COM> 12/13/2006 8:30:22 AM >>>
>In previous years the NCUC was able to call upon the
>gracious support offered by the GNSO Secretariat to
>handle constituency elections.  While I appreciate the
>offer to utilize the services of the Brazilian
>Internet Steering Committee, it would be fair to ask
>whether the Chair has contacted the GNSO Secretariat
>in an effort to secure election services.

As someone who tried to rely on GNSO Secretariat (actually, ICANN's
Kent Crispin) before, I would prefer to stick with Brazilian ISC for
handling our elections. They did a good job last time. The real problem
is simply calling the election: opening nominations, developing a
ballot, etc.

If Carlos needs help doing that, he should just ask, I am sure there
are people who will help.

Regarding your question, "Who are the candidates?", we
will know the answer as soon as the Chair decides to
formally convene the election process.

best regards,
Danny Younger