a few words on Sao Paulo mtg

Danny Younger dannyyounger at YAHOO.COM
Wed Dec 13 14:30:22 CET 2006

Marcelo,

Thank you for your comments.  While I appreciate your
testimonial on behalf of the Chair, I remain concerned
that he has not been able to honor his obligations to
the office to which he was elected.

As should be obvious to all, the term of an NCUC
Councillor has already expired, and yet an election
process has still not been convened by our Chair.

The Chair's election management duties are made clear
in the NCUC Charter:

1.  The Chairman shall be responsible for ballots,
agendas, and meeting schedules.
2.  Announcement to the Constituency regarding
elections shall take place within 45 days of their
commencement.
3.  The Chair shall publish on the web site a list of
the Official representatives of each Member
Organization in good standing 30 days prior to the
election.

In previous years the NCUC was able to call upon the
gracious support offered by the GNSO Secretariat to
handle constituency elections.  While I appreciate the
offer to utilize the services of the Brazilian
Internet Steering Committee, it would be fair to ask
whether the Chair has contacted the GNSO Secretariat
in an effort to secure election services.

Regarding your question, "Who are the candidates?", we
will know the answer as soon as the Chair decides to
formally convene the election process.

best regards,
Danny Younger