a few words on Sao Paulo mtg

Marcelo Fernandes Costa mfernandes at CGI.BR
Wed Dec 13 11:50:20 CET 2006

Robin,

I think that as usual to everybody the end of year is very much overloaded of
work and I would like knowing how I can help the constituency and principally
Carlos Afonso. At this moment we are in search of resources to support
the work
of the chair and of the executive committee. Since our group, as demonstrated
in Sao Paulo, is very small we have only members to share the work, and they
are always the same persons.

I can, as in last year, ask to our staff of the Brazilian Internet Steering
Committee to help us with our electronic elections software puts on air our
election for the positions that need to be elected or replaced. In this
case do
we have to re-elect a person for the council of the GNSO and the
members of the
executive committee, right? Who are the candidates?  I would like putting my
name because we are working in order that 50 associates more organizations of
the Latin America and Caribbean to NCUC, I already advanced including the USD
2,500 for the NCUC through Prof. Milton Muller.

We are addressing a project to Brazilian Internet Steering Committee to spread
and in order to enlarge discussions to civil society organizations about
Internet governance in
in Brazil and echo the discussions what it has been having in the ICANN for
we wake the interest of the organizations in the NCUC / ICANN.

I’ll wait for your comments, so that I can give the direction and solve them
disputes what we have now. I want to recognize in public the importance of
having Carlos Afonso as NCUC chair in this process of decentralizing of ICANN
besides the frontiers and the majority members of north Americans and of all
enormous importance that Carlos has in Brazil and in the Latin America.

I am a witness of his personal dedication and of the enormous effort
that he has
been undertaking for the NCUC, although of being a person very much
asked inside
Brazil and in the Latin America besides his strong involvement in the
international forums. I wanted that any organization could take a
Carlos Afonso
as a volunteer and member for the level of knowledge and dedication
that he has.

Hugs to all and I wait that we have received you well in Sao Paulo. This
group has enormous importance for the marvelous persons that take part of it,
thanks for all and sorry about my English.

Marcelo Fernandes