proposal to waive publication of whois data

Danny Younger dannyyounger at YAHOO.COM
Fri Dec 8 01:43:12 CET 2006

Harold,

The WHOIS Task Force has already put forward a strong
Operational Point of Contact proposal that is
supported by this constituency, so we aren't "beating
something with nothing".

Further, your contention that there is a "core group
utterly unwilling to compromise" is unsupported by
fact.  The competing Special Circumstances proposal in
the WHOIS report draws heavily upon the .nl model that
respects privacy concerns as iterated within the
European Union -- this is a significant concession on
the part of the IP interests that introduced the
proposal.

I also disagree with your strategic assessment as
constant unflagging opposition yields nothing more
than a continuation of the status quo (and that fails
to serve our constituent interest).

best wishes,
Danny