good news [was: bad news]

Milton Mueller mueller at SYR.EDU
Thu Apr 27 22:28:07 CEST 2006

Marilyn Cade has officially announced that she has resigned form Nomcom and is seeking the GNSO seat. This is great because the ICANN legal counsel has already advised her that in his opinion she is ineligible to run for the Board. So she may have shot herself in the foot: lost her seat on Nomcom and will not win the GNSO seat.

>>> Robin Gross <robin at ipjustice.org> 4/27/2006 2:33 PM >>>
Hi there,

It seems to me that there are several different ICANN Board seats open
(or opening up).

Seat #14, which is appointed by the GNSO Council, is the one that we
have nominated Geist for.  And there are also 3 seats opening up that
the NomCom picks this fall.   See:
  http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-18apr06.htm

Do we know if Marilyn wants GNSO Seat #14 or one of the NomCom seats to
the ICANN Board?

BTW:  We should also be thinking about candidates for the NomCom ICANN
Board seats.....

Robin