WHOIS vote in the GNSO Council

Iliya Nickelt iliya at GMX.DE
Thu Apr 13 12:48:35 CEST 2006

This is really good. I am glad that ICANN for once manages to surprise me
in a positive way. Thanks, Robin, Mawaki and Norbert!

I spend some time to analyse this wonderfull combination of TechSpeak and
Law-babble. The thing I do not understand is the vague ending:

"records associated with the domain name within a DNS nameserver".

Does that mean the server's IP address only? Or does it simply not say
anything about what records may or may not be in the database? In other
words: Does it rule out the necessity of an administrative contact (aka
"legally responsible person")? Am I asking for too much? I'm puzzled.

	--iliya

PS: (a reminder from your EC) Please make sure you submit your (now
certainly much more positive views) at http://www.icann-gnsoreview.org/
if you have not done so. I just checked and it is still open. You should
have received a password mid of March or just register yourself. Excuses
are not accepted.