kathryn as candidate!

Carlos Afonso ca at RITS.ORG.BR
Mon Sep 12 15:53:54 CEST 2005

I understand Milton perfectly well. It is a voluntary job with a lot of
work, which he has done with a lot of dedication -- he deserves a
sabbatical :)

I am worried about the workload, particularly because of the workload I
already have. While I am honored to accept the indication, I would like
to suggest that, whoever is elected, we think about having a vice-chair.
This could be simple: we indicate more than one candidate, and
automatically the second in the ballot will become vice-chair.

This would improve our chances to always have effective
coordination/moderation at all times, even if the person chosen to be
chair has more time available. In addition, it is good to have two minds
to regularly share opinions on coordination issues.

I need to mention the infrastructural conditions. So far we have counted
on the "Milton team" in Syracuse for some administrative tasks, such has
keeping an account for donations, small grants and so on. To do this in
Brazil would be more complicated, particularly because managing foreign
currency here is legally far more difficult (especially for sending
money abroad). I wonder if the currently existing account in the USA
could be maintained when we have a new chair?

In this spirit, I would like to nominate Kathryn as candidate, although
I do not know about her time availability conditions. She would be a
wonderful chair! :)

fraternal rgds

--c.a.

Iliya Nickelt wrote:

>On 7 Sep 2005 at 18:38, Iliya Nickelt wrote:
>

>>Let me also add that according to our charter we can not re-elect
>>Milton, so it is time to shift the burden on the shoulders of someone
>>else.
>>

>OK, after I actually read our charter again I discovered that this is
>not true. You can re-elect any EC member twice in a row ( = three years
>total).  I fell prey to a clever trick of Milton's as last year he said
>that that he could only be re-elected once more.
>
>However, he has made it very clear that he wants someone else to take
>over, and I think Carlos is one of the very few who could do it.
>
>	--iliya
>
>.

Carlos Afonso
diretor de planejamento
Rede de Informações para o Terceiro Setor - Rits
Rua Guilhermina Guinle, 272, 6º andar - Botafogo
Rio de Janeiro RJ - Brasil         CEP 22270-060
tel +55-21-2527-5494        fax +55-21-2527-5460
ca at rits.org.br            http://www.rits.org.br