Soccer Tournament

Milton Mueller Mueller at SYR.EDU
Wed Mar 16 20:30:08 CET 2005

>>> Erick Iriarte Ahon <faia at AMAUTA.RCP.NET.PE> 3/16/2005 2:13:41 PM
>>>
>Milton.. you play soccer?

I grew up a time and place in the US when, instead of "soccer moms"
taking their well-groomed kids to nicely organized soccer games, we had
unsupervised sandlot baseball and driveway basketball. Our exposure to
soccer was a one-day introduction in grade school gym class, which
consisted of one person kicking a rubber ball (no real soccer balls to
be found) very hard in one way, and everyone running in that direction
until someone kicked it very hard in the other direction, everyone
running in that direction, back and forth until we decided this was a
pretty dumb game.

I will not be in Mar del Plata however if any NCUC stars emerge I will
happily take care of the merchandising and endorsement contracts over
here.