draft whois purpose statement

KathrynKL at AOL.COM KathrynKL at AOL.COM
Mon Jul 18 23:07:34 CEST 2005

Milton:  I would be happy to submit the WHOIS Purpose statement -- it is a
good one.  Thank you for drafting it.

All:  Are there any future edits (concerns, etc) prior to submission?  For
those not familiar with the EU Privacy Directive, it is my understanding that
ICANN has broad powers to define the purpose of its databases --  but will then
will be bound closely to what it has set out.  So this statement is very
important to our pursuit of privacy.

Regards, Kathy