Proposed NCUC statement on Whois notification

Alan Levin alan at AFRIDNS.ORG
Mon Jan 31 09:46:02 CET 2005

Hi,

Sorry about my delayed response... just experienced some issues from my
side posting to the list.

I think points 1 and 2 are quite onerous (for any registrant) and will
add some level of (unneccesary) additional process to each
registration. As such I am not convinced that point 3 is required...

"3. Registrars must obtain a separate acknowledgement from registrars
that they have read and
understand these disclosures. This provision does not affect
registrars' existing obligations to
obtain registrant consent to the use of their contact information in
the WHOIS system."

- Is the second placement of 'registrar' supposed to read 'registrant'?
- What do you mean by 'separate acknowledgement'? (to me this sounds
like additional bureaucracy since it is complicated enough to register
a domain, just to understand how the system works takes much reading
and time, hence why most NCs rely on SPs)
- Why is this required in addition to points 1 and 2?

regards,

Alan