[governance] Substance: What issues should the WGIG focus on?

Marc Schneiders marc at SCHNEIDERS.ORG
Thu Sep 9 23:28:54 CEST 2004

The problem I see is that there are services where a fixed IP number
is necessary. For example root servers. I have some experience in this
context. These are not promising. The small subset of IP numbers I
administrate tends to get filtered out time and again, without notice.
I have to police it myself, And then start making noise. I have no
idea who does it. I guess: computers. (To be clear: The RIRs are not
to blame!) This is about a full class C block.

The internet is a cooperation of independent businesses. These make
choices. We may not like them, but we cannot tell politicians to
change them. We have to talk to the companies...