Upcoming event: Africa Electronic Privacy and Public Voice Symposium

Frannie Wellings wellings at EPIC.ORG
Tue Nov 9 02:18:25 CET 2004

Hi everyone,

Here's a notice about our upcoming event.   I hope those of you who
are going to be in Cape Town will be able to attend!

Best,
Frannie

The Africa Electronic Privacy and Public Voice Symposium
December 6, 2004
Cape Town, South Africa

The purpose of this Symposium is to bring together African NGOs,
technical experts and policy makers to discuss privacy and freedom of
expression, the World Summit on the Information Society and Internet
policy development. It is an opportunity for the public voice to be
heard on issues such as safeguarding electronic privacy and
protecting online speech, as well as African perspectives on Internet
governance and the World Summit on the Information Society. The
Symposium will be held in Cape Town, South Africa at the Nelson
Mandela Gateway to Robben Island, on December 6, 2004 following the
ICANN meeting. The event will be split into three sessions.
Participants are encouraged to submit papers on African perspectives
on global Internet Governance, African Internet Governance, or data
protection or free expression online in Africa.

Program
Session 1: Freedom of Expression and Data Protection Online in Africa
Session 2: Internet Policy in Africa
Session 3: African Perspectives on Global Internet Governance

More Information:
http://www.thepublicvoice.org/events/capetown04/
--

~~~