NomComm selection

Adam Peake ajp at GLOCOM.AC.JP
Tue May 11 07:16:53 CEST 2004

At 9:43 AM -0400 5/10/04, Harold Feld wrote:
>If I may add, this provides a good way for new members to become
>familiar with how the ICANN process works.  We need ways to train and
>bring in new people.
>
>Perhaps we should encourage alternates in other positions, specifically
>asking newer members to participate as alternates so that they can gain
>familiarity and easily move into the prime slot later?

I think selecting alternates could be helpful for all the reasons you
mention.  I don't see how it could actually work for the NomComm,
which seems bound by pretty strict confidentially rules, but for
other positions perhaps.  Anyway, I'm very happy to try it.

But we have a charter for procedures and this seem to me to be
something that needs to be discussed and added as an amendment?  Not
just for the exec committee to decide during an IRC session.

Thanks,

Adam