modification of proposed statement on Whois TF 1

KathrynKL at AOL.COM KathrynKL at AOL.COM
Fri Mar 19 03:11:28 CET 2004

With apologies for the belated response to Milton.  He is, as always,
brilliant.
It is a great strategy for NCUC to formally take the position that data and
procedures in the domain name system were set up for technical reasons (because
they were) and that any formal change to this purpose must take place in a
new policy development process.  I like this approach; I agree completely.
-Kathy

The purpose was _not_ to provide
law enforcement or other self-policing interests with a means of
circumventing normal due process requirements for access to contact
information. None of the current Whois Task Forces are mandated to
revise the purpose. Therefore, the original purpose must be assumed
until and unless ICANN initiates a new policy development process to
change it."