PIR and constituency finances

Chris Chiu CCHIU at ACLU.ORG
Tue Mar 16 18:23:05 CET 2004

Erick Iriarte Ahon [mailto:faia at AMAUTA.RCP.NET.PE] wrote:
>Hi.. only an idea.

>If we ask for "funds" to PIR, to have members in the ICANN Meetings?, maybe
>we can define only one (1) travel por person per year (only to one
>meeting), to try (with this), to generate a global participation and not
>only a "elit-travel-class".

Actually, if we're going to ask for travel money, we ought to get funding to send as many NCUC people to ICANN meetings as possible. I understand what you mean by an elite travel class, but The number of NCUC people attending such meetings is already too low, largely due to lack of funds, even without additional limitations.

>I think is necessary funds to translate documents to another language, to
>conference call's, to maintenance website/listserver.

Claro! Que buena idea.

Sincerely,
Christopher Chiu
Technology Policy Analyst