Registrars and NCUC discussing WHOIS and privacy laws (T. ...

KathrynKL at AOL.COM KathrynKL at AOL.COM
Wed Mar 3 16:14:43 CET 2004

Great, I am so glad that Adam posted the blog by Thomas Roessler on our joint
meeting NCUC with Registrars Constituency.  At this meeting George
Papapavlou, one of the authors of the EU Privacy Directive and representative to the GAC
(ICANN's Government Advisory Committee), discussed the EU Privacy Directive
and how it impacts WHOIS data (especially collected by EU registrars or for EU
domain name owners).

It was a wonderful meeting, the first of its kind between our two
constituencies.  There were over 50 people in the room.  After all, we are the customers
of the registars and we should explore together the privacy laws that should
protect many of us in the WHOIS....
- Kathy from Rome