Rome constituency meeting a success

Milton Mueller mueller at SYR.EDU
Wed Mar 3 16:04:26 CET 2004

NCUC's joint constituency meeting with the registrars
featuring European Union and co-author of the European
Data Protection Directive George Papapavlou was
extremely successful. Not only was it well attended,
it succeeded in shoring up registrars support for
privacy in the Whois context and in shifting debate
within ICANN.

Other issues discussed at the constituency meeting:
 UDRP - we discussed the proposal to modify
the use of UDRP within the .org domain, and agreed
to distribute a report prepared by Michael Geist
of the PIR Advisory Council on that topic.
  We listened to a debate over Wait Listing Service
(WLS) between a representative of pool.com and a
representative of VeriSign. This issue will be voted
on on the GNSO Council later today.
  We discussed relations with the At Large Advisory
Committee (ALAC).

A more complete report on meeting results will
come soon.