Denic introduced IDNs to .de

Adam Peake ajp at GLOCOM.AC.JP
Wed Mar 3 10:34:31 CET 2004

Iliya, thanks for this.

SWITCH will start a similar service soon (if they haven't already?)
for German Swiss.

Browser issue:  ITU blog
<http://www.itu.int/osg/spu/newslog/2004/03/02.html#a498> mentioned
that the Internet Software Consortium has a new IDN plug-in for
Internet Explorer.  Made available through ISC's open source software
IDN work.  No idea if this works with the new German service.
Perhaps DENIC would know.  The plug-in is described as an "alpha-2"
version, which I guess means it's buggy.

See <http://idn.isc.org/>

ITU and IDNs.  At the Internet governance workshop last week Netpia
spoke on IDNs.  If I understand correctly (not sure I do) Netpia does
not follow IDN standards so were perhaps a bit of an odd choice?

Thanks,

Adam