TODAY whois chat session 14:00 GMT at iliya.de/chat.html

Iliya Nickelt iliya at GMX.DE
Fri Jun 11 11:04:31 CEST 2004

Dear NCUC members,

        Kathy asked me to announce that the (IRC) chat session about WHOIS will be
TODAY (Friday 11) at
14h GMT - 10 am EDT - 4 pm in Europe - 10 pm in Manila
and so on. For other time zones, see here (long url):
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=11&month=6&year=200
4&hour=10&min=0&sec=0

This will give everybody an opportunity to discuss questions, get help for
comments and debate the NCUC position on the task force reports. Of course
the NCUC Representatives for WHOIS Task Forces 1, 2, and 3 will also be
around.

Technical details:
The meeting will take place in the room (channel)
          #jon_postel  of the server irc.chat.org.uk:6667
The easiest way to participate is to enter via a java client I have
configured accordingly. Just point your browser to
=========================
      http://iliya.de/chat.html
=========================
You can check if it works at any time (for example now). If it does not
work, most likely your java is absent or misconfigured (the case with some
microsoft machines). In this case, download the Java Standard Edition (JSE)
at http://java.sun.com/j2se/index.jsp

Alternatively, you can use your own client to connect. Most "Messenger"
programs should connect to IRC if you enter the coordinates above. Also,
you can use a dedicated IRC client (e. g. I use Visual IRC:
http://visualirc.net/virc200.exe [3 MB]) Then enter "irc.chat.org.uk" as
server (VIRC: menu "configurations") and connect (VIRC: button "start").
When the server has finished answering, type "join #jon_postel" (sometimes
also "/join #jon_postel"). After that, you can just happily chat along, IRC
is very straight forward.

I hope this will work for everybody and that we can have an interesting
chat,

        --iliya