North American Executive Committee seat

Chun Eung Hwi chun at PEACENET.OR.KR
Thu Jun 3 16:49:50 CEST 2004

Dear Chris Chiu and all,

I am truly regretful for this sad news as well.
We, all non-commercial members here, know him and what he has done for
non-commercial activities in ICANN. His contribution and committed actions
for public interest was very tremendous. Particularly his provision of
up-to-date information for our current concerns has always been helpful.
I believe that he could continue to keep his concern for public interest
even as an observer.
Again, I want to express my thanks for his long and coherent contribution.

regards,

Chun

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004, Milton Mueller wrote:

> It is with regret that I report that Chris Chiu has informed me of
> his decision to resign from the Executive Committee. Chris, who
> was working for the ACLU, has obtained a new job with
> a law firm in New York City. Since he no longer works for a
> noncommercial organization he is not eligible to be a member
> or officer of NCUC.
>
> Chris has been involved in ICANN for a long time, and
> it is sad to see him go. Let me thank him for his long-term work
> on the constituency's behalf and for the public interest in
> Internet policy.
>
> We will need to replace him on the EC. Unfortunately,
> our charter is not clear on how to do it. Let me call for
> nominations from the list and we will discuss how to do
> it at the next EC meeting, which will be held soon.
>
> For a refresher on what the EC is and does, see Section IV
> of our charter, http://www.ncdnhc.org/charter/current_charter.htm
>
> --MM

Chun Eung Hwi
General Secretary, PeaceNet | phone:     (+82)  2-2166-2205
Seoul Yangchun P.O.Box 81   |   pcs:     (+82) 019-259-2667
Seoul, 158-600, Korea       | eMail:   chun at peacenet.or.kr