North American Executive Committee seat

Milton Mueller Mueller at SYR.EDU
Thu Jun 3 15:59:09 CEST 2004

It is with regret that I report that Chris Chiu has informed me of
his decision to resign from the Executive Committee. Chris, who
was working for the ACLU, has obtained a new job with
a law firm in New York City. Since he no longer works for a
noncommercial organization he is not eligible to be a member
or officer of NCUC.

Chris has been involved in ICANN for a long time, and
it is sad to see him go. Let me thank him for his long-term work
on the constituency's behalf and for the public interest in
Internet policy.

We will need to replace him on the EC. Unfortunately,
our charter is not clear on how to do it. Let me call for
nominations from the list and we will discuss how to do
it at the next EC meeting, which will be held soon.

For a refresher on what the EC is and does, see Section IV
of our charter, http://www.ncdnhc.org/charter/current_charter.htm

--MM