Fwd: Re: [NCUC-DISCUSS] Kuala Lumpur meeting minutes

Chun Eung Hwi chun at PEACENET.OR.KR
Thu Jul 22 12:54:12 CEST 2004

As I read the captioning record of wsis workshop there - which is located
at
http://www.icann.org/meetings/kualalumpur/captioning-wsis-workshop-20jul04.htm
I think Carlos Afonso is right.

Kummer's point is that regarding WGIP membership, it would be restricted
while the process would be very open and inclusive so that other
stakeholders than governments could make a voice.

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004, Carlos Afonso wrote:

> >   I had a different impression.  He said that he the CS would have equal
> >status with the governments.
>
> Well, equal presence maybe, but equal participation may be different. I
> suggested they choose a non-gov chair and he said this will be impossible.
> It is the UN... :)
>

> >--
> >Horacio T. Cadiz
> >********************************************
> >* Linux. No Windows. No Gates. It is Open. *
> >* No Bill. It is Free.                     *
>

> ===
> Carlos A. Afonso
> diretor de planejamento e estratégia
> Rede de Informações para o Terceiro Setor - Rits
> Rua Guilhermina Guinle 272 - sexto andar
> 22270-060 Rio de Janeiro Brasil
> telefone +55-21-2527-5494
> telefax +55-21-2527-5460
> rits at rits.org.br
> http://www.rits.org.br

Chun Eung Hwi
General Secretary, PeaceNet |   fax:     (+82)  2-2649-2624
Seoul Yangchun P.O.Box 81   |   pcs:     (+82) 019-259-2667
Seoul, 158-600, Korea  	    | eMail:   chun at peacenet.or.kr