Fwd: Re: [NCUC-DISCUSS] Kuala Lumpur meeting minutes

Horacio T. Cadiz hcadiz at PH.NET
Thu Jul 22 05:54:16 CEST 2004

Carlos Afonso said:
>>Skype only works on Windows platforms, and is still beta. Poor on dial-up
>>connections. I favor chat since an international call costs a lot for
>> many
>>of us.

  I have not tried it on dialup but from the office where it works well.
There is a new Linux beta available already.  However, it does not allow a
user to call-out yet.

>>Missed that one. Was it carried out? I did meet Kummer in a lunch with a
>>group of Latin American reps yesterday. It seems WGIG will as expected be
>>very government-centered.

  I had a different impression.  He said that he the CS would have equal
status with the governments.

--
Horacio T. Cadiz