PIR and stability and consumer protection?

Harold Feld hfeld at MEDIAACCESS.ORG
Thu Jan 8 16:28:00 CET 2004

These are important questions, but posing those questions requires, I
think somewhat more debate.

Why?  I'll confess this is my washington policy sensibility clicking.
 This consticuency seeks to provide a voice for non-commercial
organizations within the ICANN process, which includes on issues of
registry opperation.  It is a no brainer to ask how the non-commercial
registrants, which this consticuency is designed to represent, will be
protected.

It is somewhat more challenging to send a letter inquirying about
policy, because then the wording becomes very important and may require
extensive debate.  By contrast, a simple inquiry about the welfare of
non-commercial registrants should be both simple to execute and
relatively non-controversial.

Harold