Nomination for PIR AC

Adam Peake ajp at GLOCOM.AC.JP
Fri Jan 30 03:09:12 CET 2004

Take a look at the AC charter
<http://www.pir.org/about_pir/a_c/pir_ac_charter.pdf>

Following text on membership might be helpful:

3. MEMBERSHIP
The Public Interest Registry .ORG Advisory Council will consist of
twenty-one members representing a broad and geographically diverse
spectrum of the non-commercial community. At least two members will
be chosen from each of the following six regions: Asia, Africa,
Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and Latin America. Members will
also be drawn from diverse sectors of the non-commercial community,
including, but not limited to, educational, artistic, cultural, human
rights, political, religious and scientific sectors. No two members
of the Council will be from the same non-commercial organization.
Approximately equal representation will be given to small, medium and
large organizations. One seat shall be reserved for a member of
ICANN's Domain Name Supporting Organization Non-Commercial Domain
Name Holders Constituency (NCDNHC) as shall be selected by that
Constituency for this purpose.

Gender is not mentioned as a consideration, though gender balance is a goal.

As I mentioned, in addition to YJ, 6 other AC members were appointed
for one year terms. PIR can be quite strict about confidentiality
(occasionally the AC receives commercially sensitive information) so
I don't feel comfortable giving out names.  Also, some may reapply.
But Geographically, the 6 are

Europe 2
Africa 1
Asia 1
Latin America and Caribbean 1
North America 1

(and YJ, Asia Pac)

YJ mentioned AC committees, they are listed here
<http://www.pir.org/about_pir/a_c/ac_committees>  But the
constituency's selection would join the outreach group.

If you have suggestions for any other person you think should be
considered for membership of the AC, suggest you write to PIR and the
Edward Viltz, President/CEO <EViltz at pir.org>. I don't know if they
have made new selections or not. Anyone could write saying you
understand seats on the PIR AC may become vacant and  Person X would
be good (etc etc)

Thanks,

Adam