?Re: [NCUC-DISCUSS] PIR Advisory Committee: Call for nominations

Adam Peake ajp at GLOCOM.AC.JP
Thu Jan 29 12:05:44 CET 2004

I'll try to answer a few questions -- personal capacity, not as a PIR
AC member.

I'm pretty sure the person the NCUC selects will join the advisory
council's committee on outreach and research. It's felt that the
constituency and PIR have a lot of overlap in the outreach we need to
do (PIR wants non-commercial organizations to pay attention and to be
involved in .ORG, NCUC wants the same non-commercial organizations as
members.)

PIR AC members active in the NCUC are Barbara Simons, Vany Martinez and me.

Seven of the current AC members (inc. YJ) are on one year terms, but
I have not heard anything about the selection process for the other
six (I will check and get back with any news.)

Tasks  -- conference call every two months (paid for by PIR), then as
much work as you and your committee wishes to do.  We have been
pretty much finding our feet for the first year, and PIR focusing on
running .ORG.  I think we will get more active after the meeting in
Washington (March, 19-21) and we have talked through issues and know
each other better.

Thanks,

Adam