Fwd: Re: [NCUC-DISCUSS] Some comments on WGIG nominees

Milton Mueller mueller at SYR.EDU
Tue Aug 24 19:13:30 CEST 2004

>>> Carlos Afonso <ca at RITS.ORG.BR> 08/24/04 12:15PM >>>
>MIlton, unfortunately I am one of the "usual suspects" in our region.

>Since I believe, as I said, that the final choice will be by WG
"inner
>circle" (UN/ITU I guess), I am not sure we should spend more energy
on
>discussing nominations

I don't agree. I disagree on a fundamental level.

This is more than just a list, it's a capacity-building
exercise for civil society. If we can't do this, we have
no business pushing ourselves forward as actors on
the level of governments and business.

--MM