On Transparency [was: The WGIG nominations]

Milton Mueller mueller at SYR.EDU
Tue Aug 24 17:25:02 CEST 2004

>>> "Horacio T. Cadiz" <hcadiz at PH.NET> 08/23/04 03:34AM >>>
>  The EC agreed to throw names into the list.  The fact that they
>are being discussed here means that the EC is not submitting its own
>private list but is trying to involve every member into the process.

Exactly.

>   we have previously provided transcripts of all the EC meetings.
>I don't see why the last meeting would be any different. My only
>request is that we edit personal remarks and jokes  without any
>relation to the agenda.

Yes, I think our normal procedures provide a good basis for
moving forward. The NCUC's relatively new charter was created
precisely in order to *enable* the constituency to do things
that needed to be done, without having to haggle over procedure
and invent new processes for every decision.
It was clear that our members did NOT want to be constantly
subjected to that kind of noise on the list.

We are getting good comments from the members about
who they support and what categories the list should
fall into. I hope this continues.

--MM