Names for the Working Group on Internet Governance

Adam Peake ajp at GLOCOM.AC.JP
Sun Aug 22 14:37:20 CEST 2004

At 1:52 AM -0400 8/22/04, Milton Mueller wrote:
>  >>> Adam Peake <ajp at GLOCOM.AC.JP> 08/22/04 12:37AM >>>
>>My view is that any winnowing process cannot be hidden
>>from view. Must be seen to be impartial or it will be meaningless.
>
>Adam:
>
>You are on the ICANN Nominating Committee. (We put you there).
>That process winnows down nominations, but is completely closed
>to public view. Do you hold the same opinion about that?
>"...any winnowing process cannot be hidden from view."

Milton,

I love it when people take email out of context, so helpful :-(

Answer: I would prefer a process that included elections.

The NCUC was asked to provide a representative to the nominating
committee, I volunteered and was accepted. I am participating in the
nominating committee process to the best of my ability.

The nominating committee was developed by the ICANN community, is a
well documented process, committee members agree to a code of ethics,
with a conflict of interest procedure, etc.

Thanks,

Adam