NCUC and the ICANN "WSIS WorkshopPlanningGroup"

Milton Mueller mueller at SYR.EDU
Mon Aug 9 02:54:26 CEST 2004

>>> Erick Iriarte Ahon <faia at amauta.rcp.net.pe> 08/08/04 06:29PM >>>

>1. It's not only about speak 3 minutes un Cape Town (and if you travel

>to Cape Town, you can use this 3 minutes to explain NCUC position if
>the constituency want).

Anyone can do that, speaking from the floor during open mic.

By the way, what did you think about the statement we made
in Rome? Do you disagree with anything? Is there more to be
said? No reason to have an abstract debate about this. If
you have a position about WSIS, let us know what it is.

>2. It's about create a document (or similar), about WSIS/Internet
>Governance. Which better space to explain NCUC position about
>this issues? (and not only the Internet Governance Caucus where
>you be one of the leaders too).

The document, if it is ever created, will not reflect "NCUC
positions."
It will reflect the compromise of the group as a whole, which means
that it will be not very meaningful, because there is no agreement
about WSIS within ICANN. But if one took this seriously,
one could spend hundreds of hours on it. I would rather work
in other venues and forums.

>3. All the time you speak about the necessity to participate and
>"speak" the Non-Commercial vision. Use this space, and if you don't
>want to participate, maybe another member of the NCUC can
>participate.

Of course, this is exactly what I said before.
If any member wants to participate in this Planning Group
let us know. I certainly won't stand in the way if the
EC is willing to appoint someone. Any volunteers?

--MM