Fwd: 2004 Nominating Committee - Invitation

Marc Schneiders marc at SCHNEIDERS.ORG
Tue Apr 27 19:06:33 CEST 2004

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004, at 00:44 [=GMT+0900], Adam Peake wrote:

> >Why don't Adam and Robin give us some sense of why they
> >want to do this, and specific ideas about what they hope to
> >accomplish, including specific names they would like to get
> >on the Board if possible.
>

> No, I don't think we should suggest names. Please look at the
> noncom's procedures
> <http://www.icann.org/committees/nom-comm/procedures-10apr03.htm> (A.
> and A.2.)

You may be right about this. This does not mean you couldn't mention
names of those who you would like to apply _now_, does it? It's just
that once it started you cannot discuss applicants with us.

Anyway, it should be possible to say what sort of people you want on
Board, GNSO council and the other positions. Are you into reappointing
old internet fathers or rather into appointing new free-internet
mothers? (This is a serious question.)

Are you after (nearly) retired telco guys or looking for women
defending online rights? (There is still a terrible shortage of
females within ICANN.)

Lawyers or techies?

I coudl go on, but I leave it to you after a good night sleep, I pray.