Re: Re: [NCUC-DISCUSS] [dow1tf] Summary of Major Points from the Last Call

Jisuk Woo jisuk at SNU.AC.KR
Fri Apr 9 09:04:03 CEST 2004

Also, we should distinguish between legitimate "use" and legitimate "user." If we provide the status of legitimate "users" to certain organizations, no matter what the criteria are, we are providing them with a right to use data for whatever purpose they find useful, which is very dangerous. Maybe a certain use can be determined to be legitimate under some circumstances, but I cannot imagine there could be a legitimate "user," who can just have their identity checked in once and for all and then be provided with such a broad freedom with personal data. And one example of this so-called legitimate user is Intellectual Property Organizations? I think that is too much.

Jisuk Woo