EPIC grant to NCUC

Y J Park yjpark at MYEPARK.COM
Wed Sep 24 15:34:04 CEST 2003

Adam Peake wrote:

> There will be another workshop in Whois at Carthage and I think
> that's the most important issue on ICANN's agenda at the moment.
> Perhaps a good idea to support a second Whois/privacy expert
> (Stephanie Perrin, if she's able to attend, or is not anyway
> attending on EPIC's behalf, or Alan Davidson, CDT) or someone from
> Europe who could provide comment on issues beyond the US/N. American
> view.

Adam, I am quite surprised by your "racist" comment.
You sound only US/N or Europe can have some views on Whois.

Definitely many other parts of the world do care the issue. As we saw AUDA,
whether we believe or not it is Asia Pacific region instead of Europe or
NA, they do
care. And recently, according to Sept. 22 news, KISA(Korea Information
Secuirty
Agency) also announced some recommendations on Whois. You can see from the
following url.

http://security.inews24.com/php/news_view.php?g_menu=080200&g_serial=99203
(in Korean)

It emphasizes domain registrars should give the registrants options not to
disclose their whois. When the registrars disclose the whois after agreement
from the registrant, it should be notified to the registrants in advance.

> No detailed agenda from ICANN.  Hard to know what additional
> expertise might be required.  This has always been a problem of
> trying to target funds for attendance at ICANN meetings.

One of agenda many of you don't care as native speakers of English could be
IDN(Multilingual Domain Issues). The issue has been silently discussed and
presented as a conclusion. It is another frustration to those who are
going to
be affected by the decision as users.

Hope you can explain what you said.
YJ