UDRP task force

Horacio T. Cadiz hcadiz at PH.NET
Tue Sep 23 06:41:42 CEST 2003

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003, Barbara Simons wrote:

> It seems to me that the primary problem is that the complainant gets to
> select the arbitrator, if there is only one, or two out of the three
> arbitrators, if there are three.  This is a fundamental inequity.
> Regards,
> Barbara

  Because they can select the arbitrators, they select the
arbitrators favorable to them.  Big companies, as a matter of course, will
select the WIPO panel.  Because big companies are usually the
complainants, the WIPO panel generates a lot of business and the other
arbitrators die.  Finally, only one arbitrator will be alive. Guess who
that will be?