We can now accept checks for membership dues

Marc Schneiders marc at SCHNEIDERS.ORG
Mon Sep 22 16:17:58 CEST 2003

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003, at 21:05 [=GMT+0200], Dany Vandromme wrote:
> On Saturday, Sep 20, 2003, at 20:33 Europe/Paris, Marc Schneiders wrote:
> > On Thu, 18 Sep 2003, at 11:46 [=GMT+0200], Dany Vandromme wrote:

> >> -
> >> Are you aware of public accounting rules?
> >
> > Not all not-for-profits are subject to French public accounting rules.
> -
> Mark
> To my best knowledge, there is nothing specific to France, related to
> the public accounting rules.

You are suggesting that these rules are the same for the whole world?

We can waste bandwidth on this topic for ages. I will not do that
further. It is selfevident that these rules differ from country to
country. It is also a fact that not all not-for-profits in all
countries have to comply with the very strict rules that are in force
for government supported organisations in First World countries like,
e.g (sic), France.

Anyway, you implied below that credit card would also not work for
you.  Should we not do that either then?

I asked to make life easier for some. C'est tout.

 > > I was not suggesting that
PayPal would be obligatory. > - > I did not understand that either!