Two progress on new gTLD

Chun Eung Hwi chun at PEACENET.OR.KR
Fri Oct 31 10:12:31 CET 2003

Dear all,

I am glad to convey this message to our constituency. A few minutes ago,
Board members passed these new gTLD related motions. Vint Cerf mentioned
"Here is one message to this community. We are listening."
Resolution items is enclosed below.

regards,

Chun

Chun Eung Hwi
General Secretary, PeaceNet | phone:     (+82)  2-2166-2205
Seoul Yangchun P.O.Box 81   |   pcs:     (+82) 019-259-2667
Seoul, 158-600, Korea       | eMail:   chun at peacenet.or.kr

New gTLD

Resolved that the Board directs the President to begin an expeditious and
targeted development of strategy and policy leading to a streamlined
process for the introduction of new TLDs, and

Resolved that the Board directs the President to begin to seek community
input into development of this strategy and process immediately following
this meeting in Carthage, and to establish a public forum for comments on
new TLD policy at <tldpolicy-comments at icann.org>

Resolved that the Board has requested that a report on the new gtld policy
should be completed by September 30, 2004 and the implementation of the
new gtld policy shall commence before December 31, 2004

Finalization of New sTLD RFP

Resolved that the Board directs the President to finalize and post no
later than 15 December 2003 an open Request for Proposals for a limited
number of new sTLDs, such final RFP to be basesd on the points of
agreement indicated above and the comments received concerning the draft
RFP.

Resolved that upon the successful completion of the sTLD selection
process, an agreement reflecting the commercial and technical terms shall
be negotiated, although such terms may be subject to further amendment, as
appropriate, as a result of the New gTLD process which is scheduled to be
completed in 2004.

Resolved that the selection process and implementation for sTLDs shall be
evaluated and the results of such evaluation shall be utilized in the New
gTLD process scheduled to be completed in 2004.