Fwd: Whois Workshop Carthage

Norbert Klein nhklein at GMX.NET
Sun Oct 19 12:23:39 CEST 2003

Milton Mueller wrote:

> Thanks to the EPIC grant NCUC is sending Kathy Kleiman to
> Carthage ICANN meeting, mainly to work on Whois issues.
> As you can see from the attached message, we have
> succeeded in getting representation on the panel dealing
> with data collection.
>
> Any members who want to contribute ideas to Kathy's
> summary feel free to post things here.

Thanks to EPIC - and to Kathy to take on the job.

Maybe this is not directly and narrowly linked to the WHOIS issue, but I
think it is worth while to consider also some wider - related - aspects
related to Intellectual Property Rights, and their erosion by globalization.

Have a look at: http://www.incd.net/docs/CancunReport_GN2.htm

We are more and more flooded in Cambodia also culturally by "services"
and "commodities" in the international market, which tend to
fundametally change the cultural scene of smaller countries. I do not
defend chauvinistic "we are the greatest" attitudes, but I think
non-commercial cultural diversity is a value to be protected.

Norbert

==
Norbert Klein
Open Forum of Cambodia