my nomination

Chris Chiu CCHIU at ACLU.ORG
Fri Oct 17 19:57:06 CEST 2003

As you may recall, earlier this week I had been nominated for a post on the NCUC Executive Committee. At the time, I was under the impression that the time and energy committments were too great for me to accept, given the other committments I had.

However, several recent events have led me to reconsider my decision. For one thing, upon further consultation, I have been convinced that the time and energy committments required for the post are, in fact, within my abilities. In addition, while I have always believed that the EC would play a crucial role in helping to steer and ultimately amplify discussion of ICANN issues from a noncommercial perspective, the responses I have received over the past few days have, if anything, further impressed upon me the importance of the EC in this regard. Given these and other facts, I realize now that my nomination to the EC represents an opportunity that is far too valuable to cast aside.

Based on this reconsideration and reflection, I have decided to formally accept my nomination to be on the NCUC Executive Committee. Thank you for your consideration and understanding!

Sincerely,
Christopher Chiu
Technology Policy Analyst
American Civil Liberties Union